Unity Tutorial 02

Hey Roosters!

Today I took part in the second Unity tutorial on how to make a game. This tutorial continued on from the last tutorial I completed last week.
I learned how to add sound on to the diamond so when I go to collect the diamond and 'ping' sound was made to indicate it was collected.
I learned how to upgrade the graphics of the terrain by adding in water with a slight dip to make the water appear shallow and not on a flat surface. The tutorial showed me how to make textures appear more realistic by bring a wall into the environment and adding different textures and colours. I also learned how to create a permanent shadow which in could decide how dark I wanted the shadow to appear in-game.
In the second part of the tutorial I learned how to add in a cursor and how to change its shape, size and colour to whatever I wanted.

I am still finding writing the code to be quite difficult. Coding isn't my strongest skill and it is not something I particularly like doing anyway so I will need to research more myself outside these tutorials if I am to get successfully build my game.
I am really looking forward to designing more of the world and graphics as that is something I enjoy to do and simply love playing games and have gorgeous world graphics and landscapes.

Thats all from me today everybody. Thank you again for reading.

Sean

Comments

  1. Cool blog bro🤙,

    Yeah I also found the coding quite difficult, hopefully we can improve on that over time, my favourite part of the tutorial was probably creating my own landscape. I felt like a GOD!!! How are you finding coming up with gaming ideas for your project. Hope it's going well

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the next multi-millionaire

Game Design