Unity Tutorial 05

Hey Roosters

Today I took part in another Unity tutorial. Like the previous ones before, this tutorial carries over from the last one.
 The tutorials were split up into separate videos with the first one covering how to create a dynamic HUD/UI. For those who are unfamiliar with these words, they simply mean "heads up display' and "user interface". In previous tutorials I learned how to walk into the diamond shape to pick it up. However in this tutorial, I learned how to actually how to actually go up to the diamond and collect it. I definitely think I am starting to become more familiar with the coding aspect of the game design. It was something I was originally afraid of but as I progress I am starting to become a lot of comfortable. A lot of the terminology is something I am still finding a hard time with. Raycast is a word I seem to still find myself pausing for a minute to remember.

game HUD

In the second tutorial, I focused a lot more on adding objects to the environment. Now I've mentioned this before, but I do prefer and actually quite enjoy the whole designing the environment aspect of unity. I already added in walls before and today I added in fences and learned how to chance the appearance of them. Secondly, the tutorial showed me how to add in a weapon|(axe) that the player could hold and how to add an animation to the axe. The swinging animation wasn't that great but I was able to mod the animation to give the the swinging axe a more fluid motion and have it as if a person was swinging it.

Thats all from me again today everybody. I hope you enjoyed as always.

Thanks

Sean


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the next multi-millionaire

Game Design

Unity Tutorial 02